Having already announced Nina Kraviz, Richie Hawtin, Laurent Garnier, Maceo Plex, Daphni, Body & Soul (Francois K, Danny Krivit, Joe Clausell), KiNK, Agoria, Kiasmos DJ, Rival Consoles, Recondite, Mano Le Tough and Michael Mayer, among others, Reworks compiles a programming with a global approach to sound and acts that range from the legendary to the award winning and the up-and-coming.
Reworks is excited to add to this September’s line up, Matthew Herbert, Francois X, Kangding Ray, Bjarki, Inga Mauer, Guy Andrews, Kerala Dust, Charlotte Bendiks, Viken Arman, Volkova, Paul Anthonee and Hill Of Vision, putting some additional touches on a deftly curated blend. More acts tba soon.
- Tireless, innovative, sampling wizard, trained pianist, producer and writer, Matthew Herbert is one of the most versatile and prolific artists of our time. Known for a wide range of innovative projects, from numerous albums to music for movies, theater, television and radio. He shaped the British approach to the Minimalism using his aesthetics, while designing its connection with House. One of the most important geniuses of recent decades will perform for the first time at Reworks 2018.
- Sicne the beginning of his career, Redshape developed his own individual view on modern dance music and set to leave a mark in techno. Within a club context, he showcases his unique sound aesthetic as part of his highly energetic and ever-changing live performances which are always a result of pure musical improvisation.
- Francois X is a key protagonist within Paris’ underground scene. The irresistible blend techno that has been portrayed in his productions over the past decade has established himself as one of France’s leading representatives in the area of techno.
- Few musicians manage to explore the convergence between techno and experimentalism as successfully as Kangding Ray. His sound tests boundaries, evolving tirelessly in its exploration of texture, rhythm, and sound design. His output reflects an expansive musical background, evidenced in his particular, meticulous way of marrying atmospheric soundscapes with slowly evolving rhythms.
- Bjarki is one of the most exciting names that have emerged in recent years’ techno scene. His music – with clear influences from Aphex Twin – is full of inventions, and surprises full of energy. With his releases Bjarki has placed himself firmly leading the pack of international artists who in the past few years have taken a hauntoloical approach to re-moulding the scents of breakbeat, rave, jungle and IDM into sounds that are entirely their own.
- Coming to us from St. Petersburg Russia, new kid on the block Inga Mauer is gaining attention of the scene. Her music is pure magical joy served from a place of love and knowledge, a seductive mix of atmospheres and dark emotions which flirt with a wide range of genres like Industrial Techno, EBM and New Wave.
- Kerala Dust seek to bridge that divide between electronic music and traditional songwriting. Their music is very distinctive and very evocative of emotion. It’s cool, sophisticated, and deep. They come up with an art direction that underlines the minimalism and artistry that is reflected throughout their work.
- Viken Arman is pushing the boundaries of electronic music towards the future, but also towards the past. Electronic beats are blended with ancient melodies. His music is engrained with ethnic influences, revealing the passionate explorer that he embodies.
- Charlotte Bendiks’ sets, fuse classic house, disco, African groove, and Latin-inspired beats, focusing on sexy dance and body music. Reworks welcomes from Tromsø, one of Norway’s most important figures in electronic music.
- Guy Andrews is a London based producer who is best known for creating textural electronic music, which combines an array of influences from post-rock, techno, ambient and afrobeat inspired genres. Having already released music on labels such as Erased Tapes and Houndstooth, Andrews is a much promising artist.
- The Hellenic Electronic Scene is presented vastly at Reworks adding three more names, presenting Volkova, a passionate techno representative, Paul Anthonee, established dj and producer with a numerous releases on major labels such as Suara, Lapsus etc. Hill Of Vision, an artist who takes the listener on a journey, a balance between music for the mind, and music for festival, forests and dance floor His sets and his productions are usually defined by the deeper side of the spectrum of techno.
Reworks 2018 line up as of today:
Nina Kraviz, Richie Hawtin, Laurent Garnier, Maceo Plex, Caribou aka Daphni,
Body & Soul w/ François Kevorkian, Danny Krivit, Joe Clausell, Matthew Herbert,
KiNK, Agoria, Recondite, Kiasmos DJ, Grandbrothers, Rival Consoles, Redshape,
Bjarki, Mano Le Tough, Michael Mayer, Francois X, Alinka, Tijana T, Blond:ish,
Kerala Dust, Kangding Ray, Inga Mauer, Guy Andrews, Charlotte Bendiks,
Viken Arman, Territroy, Sworr, Ison, Tendts, Future Of Matter, Andreas Athineos,
ArKI, Pollux Rose, Hill Of Vision, Paul Anthonee, Volkova
+ more TBA